Migraine is a kind of headache. Although it is famous for being on one side of the head, it has been seen to be on both sides. Migraines, however, are not just a headache; they are accompanied by a few other neurological symptoms (such as sensations of light or sound).
According to the symptoms, there are many types of migraines. According to some people, if there are some symptoms of migraines, it can be said that there is a migraine even if there is no headache.
If you are a girl, migraine may be the leading cause of your headaches. The disease usually starts at the age of 20 to 30 years.
Currently, about 11 percent of the world’s elderly suffer from migraine headaches. Studies have shown that the ratio of migraines in girls to boys is 5: 1. Migraine pain is often referred to as half forehead pain.
What causes migraine with aura? Do migraines with aura cause brain damage? What causes migraine headaches with aura? Let’s find out the causes, types, symptoms, and treatment of migraine.
Migraine with Aura Causes, Types, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is a migraine?
Migraine is a particular type of headache. The word migraine comes from the Greek word “hemicrania.” Hemi means half; crania means skull.
This pain is famous for being in half the head. But it can also be on the whole side. It may start from one side, then spread all over the head.
People who are prone to migraines do not tolerate noise, light, or smell. Headaches can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
Who Are at Higher Risk?
It is not known why migraines occur. However, it may be hereditary or unknown. It is more common in women than in men. Headaches increase during menstruation in women.
Overeating chocolate, cheese, coffee, etc., birth control pills, anxiety, excessive travel, exercise, insomnia, watching TV for a long time, working on the computer for a long time, talking on mobile, etc. can cause this disease.
Stress, anxiety, constipation, too bright light aggravate the disease.
Migraine with Aura Causes
There are many reasons why migraines can occur. E.g.-
1) Hereditary or genetic.
3) Birth control pills.
4) Environmental impact. can anxiety cause migraines with aura
These four factors are the main ones. Also, some other factors may affect it.
Such as: can anxiety cause migraine with aura
5) Chocolate. migraine with aura causes
6) Cheese. migraine with aura causes
7) Alcohol. migraine with aura causes
8) Soft drink. migraine with aura causes
9) During the period.
10) Extreme heat, extreme cold.
11) Staying in front of the computer monitor and TV for a long time.
12) Working in excess or low light.
The migraine patient but also suffers from inflammation of the sinuses or suffers from a severe cold cough or cold. In their case, the incidence of migraine pain gradually increases.
Also, the incidence of migraine headaches gradually increases when the extreme heat and environmental conditions take on a steamy shape.
On the other hand, in winter, if the cold air is more or, foggy conditions prevail, then the incidence increases.
Types of migraines
Migraines can be divided into several ways.
Such as: can neck problems cause migraine with aura
- Classical migraine
- Common migraine
- Ophthalmoplegic migraine
- Basilar artery migraine
- Hemiplegic migraine
- Physiological migraine
- Retinal migraine
Classical and frequent migraines are more common.
- May cause hallucinations in the early stages. In this case, light can be seen in front of the eyes. Weakness and numbness may occur on one side of the body with a tingling sensation around the hands, feet, and mouth.
Then begins the headache, which starts on one side of the head and gradually spreads throughout the area. Severe throbbing pain, excessive sweating, and nausea and vomiting are entirely paralyzed.
- If the vision problem lasts for more than 1 hour, it should be assumed that it is not a migraine. This problem of vision can be increased due to the brain or any other issue in the eyes.
- Sometimes this disease can occur only with vision problems except for headaches.
Common migraines are more common. This type of headache lasts for 4-72 hours and may have at least two of the following symptoms:
- Pain on one side or both sides of the head
- The pain can go from one side to the other in stages
- This pain can start from around the head and spread to the snake or even to the neck
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Fear of light or fear of sound.
- I have experienced such headaches at least five times in the past and have no internal diseases of the brain.
In common migraine, it is better to apply pressure on the ears on both sides of the head and pull the hair of the head.
Severe pain from the upper part of the eye to the head can cause hallucinations. In this case, the light is not tolerated at all. It feels good to be in a dark room.
Basilar artery migraine
This pain starts from the back of the head and may be accompanied by dizziness.
The body is paralyzed. The pain lasts from a few hours to a few days. It takes some time to fertilize.
Retinal migraine usually begins with total or partial vision loss or visible disorder like glare. It usually lasts no more than an hour.
The headache starts when the symptoms appear or later. These headaches can last from a few hours to a few days.
The symptoms of a retinal migraine are similar to those of a regular migraine, but they are a temporary change in vision in one eye.
People who experience retinal migraines often lose sight in only one eye. It is usually brief, lasting about 10 to 20 minutes. In some cases, it can last up to an hour. See a pattern of black spots called “Scotoma.”
These black spots gradually become more substantial and cause complete loss of vision.
Partial vision loss:
Other people will partially lose vision in one eye. This is usually characterized by blurry, dim vision, or bright lights called “scintillation.” It can last up to 60 minutes.
Occasionally, those who are affected by their mood will experience headaches after or after an attack on their vision. This headache can last for a few hours to a few days.
Headaches, physical illness, nausea, and painful nausea often accompany the headache. It usually affects one side of the head. This pain may feel worse when you are physically active.
Causes of retinal migraine
The following activities and conditions can trigger retinal migraine:
- Intense exercise aura without migraine
- Smoking migraine with aura pictures
- Tobacco use migraine with aura stroke
- Dehydration migraine causes
- Low blood sugar migraine with aura video
- Birth control pills that correct hormone levels
- High blood pressure first ocular migraine
- Stay at a higher altitude
- Hot temperature
- Withdrawal of caffeine
Also, certain foods and fluids can trigger retinal migraines, including:
- Foods that contain nitrates, such as sausages, hot dogs, and other processed meats.
- Toxic foods, such as healthy chicken, and certain soy products
- Products that contain monosodium glutamate, including snake chips, broths, soups and seasonings
- Alcoholic beverages that include certain beers and red wine
- Drinks and meals with caffeine
How does migraine start?
Pain is felt when these are stimulated. Scientists blame one hormone – serotonin.
Dilation of the arteries of the cerebellum occurs due to mechanical reasons.
When these receptor cells are stimulated due to serotonin and mechanical causes, headaches occur.
Previous symptoms of migraine
Pre migraine symptoms: This stage can occur from a few hours to a few days before the onset of the headache. Mental and nervous symptoms may occur during this time.
There may be feelings of sadness, joy, drowsiness, over-consciousness, over-enthusiasm or irritability, calm slowness.
Some people may have nausea or vomiting. Many times these symptoms go unnoticed. It is essential to identify these and start immediate treatment.
The next symptoms of migraine
After the pain subsides, the affected person becomes very tired and exhausted. As if there was no physical disturbance. Inattention and loss of appetite are seen.
Usually, the disease is diagnosed with the information given by the patient. Also, the eyes must be examined. Necessary X-rays for sinuses should be done. If there is a pain in one place repeatedly, a CT scan of the brain should be done.
Because it is necessary to diagnose any disease other than migraines, the treatment method is different for each condition.
What to do in migraine problems?
1) Those who have this disease they need at least 8 hours of sleep daily.
2) Coffee, chocolate, cheese, soft drinks, alcohol should be avoided.
3) Don’t stay without food for a long time
4) Other methods should be adopted without using birth control pills.
5) Hard work, stress, long travel should be avoided.
6) Do not work in excess or low light.
7) Avoid intense sun or severe cold.
8) Do not stay in a loud and noisy environment for a long time.
9) Do not stay in front of the computer monitor and TV for a long time.
Foods that prevent migraine problems
3) Green, yellow and orange vegetables
4) Herbal tea, such as green tea
5) Ginger juice are migraine auras dangerous
6) Dates and figs migraine aura treatment
Foods to avoid for migraine problems
1) Milk and milk products
2) Apples, bananas and peanuts, tomatoes
3) Onion can hormones cause migraines with aura
Medicine is not just medicine. This includes following the rules and being aware. At the onset of headache, paracetamol, aspirin, diclofenac (like drugs), Metoclopramide, and domperidone are given to reduce nausea.
Pseudoephedrine, amitriptyline, beta-blockers are effective in reducing recurrent migraine attacks. A new study has found out about the effectiveness of vitamin B.
A. General treatment
- To give up foods that accelerate migraine pain.
- If a woman continues to take birth control pills, she should stop taking birth control pills and take any other alternative method.
- If you have to go out in the middle of smoke or dust or extreme heat or cold air due to environmental reasons, then you have to use a mask or handkerchief.
B. Classical medicine
- Treatment of a temporarily infected general migraine patient
- Tablets of aspirin (600-900 mg) which is water-soluble or tablet paracetamol (1 gm or two tablets)
- Medications to stop vomiting with B.1.2, such as Metoclopramide
(Metoclopramide) in the market known as Motion, Nutramide, Antimet or Mitosis
- or Prochlorperazine, which is available in the market as Stemetil, Vergon, or Promat.
C. Treatment of classical migraine
- Ergotamine Tartrate
0.5-1.0 mg Take under the tongue, anal or inhaler or inhalation
- This treatment is mainly given when there are symptoms of visual impairment or neurological problems, along with more pain.
- The tablet ergotamine itself causes nausea or vomiting, which most patients cannot tolerate. On the other hand, as a result of excessive consumption, there is a feeling of constriction in the arteries/veins, and at the same time, headache also starts.
So you have to be careful about its use. Care should be taken so that the level of week 12 mg does not fall too high. Not only that – Its use is prohibited in the following cases:
- During pregnancy
- Ischemic heart disease (IHD)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
Second, Sumatriptan, which is a new additive to the function of the brain component serotonin, is used in sudden migraines.
Dosage: 100 mg in the middle of 24 hours. Care must be taken so that the level does not go above 300mg.
It is also available in the form of injections. 6 mg under the skin.
NB: No more than two injections should be given within 24 hours. Its effectiveness is excellent but very expensive.
Not all headaches are migraines. In that case, it is essential to diagnose the disease first. Therefore, if you have any symptoms, seek medical attention. Get proper migraine treatment and stay healthy. migraine with aura causes, migraine with aura causes, migraine with aura causes